10 October 2018
Hello! My list is based on the original UK LPs released during their time together (excludes The Oldies But Goldies compilation):
1. Rubber Soul : The transition from a singles group who made nice albums to an album band who put out great singles. They were never cooler.
2. A Hard Day's Night : Entirely self-penned, brimming with romance and never was the sheer joie de vivre of Beatlemania better captured.
3. Sgt. Pepper 's Lonely Hearts Club Band: A pristine time capsule which still unfurls like a Victorian Fairground.
4. Abbey Road : Pulled out all the stops for their last hurrah with a polished slice of genius.
5. Revolver : Fascinating diagonal step into new territory, but pulling in two directions with John & George's jangly acid vs Paul's consummate vignettes.
6. The Beatles: Sprawling smorgasbord of contrasting styles. A bizarre patchwork quilt of lunacy and genius, seasoned with nonsense and brilliance.
8. Beatles For Sale : Weary fabs serve up a jaded offering padded out with (even then) dated cover versions.
9. Please Please Me : Touchingly fresh and zinging with cheek and energy. They were still wet behind the ears.
11. Let It Be : Disappointingly ragged coda, riddled with polished up outtakes and blurred by the fingerprints of Spector and the shadow of Klein.
12. Yellow Submarine : A glorified EP fleshed out by George Martin.
The following people thank Mr Mustard for this post:RubberRevolver49, Timothy, QuarryMan
Most Users Ever Online: 597
Currently Online: silverhammerYT
Starr Shine?: 15297
Ron Nasty: 8400
mr. Sun king coming together: 6411
Mr. Kite: 6148
Guest Posters: 87
Newest Members:evahiborizaj, ojobubunugaay, EvelynRor, silverhammerYT, polythenepam
Moderators: Joe: 5003, Zig: 9792, meanmistermustard: 21790, Ahhh Girl: 16939
Administrators: Joe: 5003, Ellie: 4