Log In

Please consider registering
Guest

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Min search length: 3 characters / Max search length: 84 characters

Register Ranks

Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Best and worst from each album
RSS
Avatar
Sitting on a cornflake
as above, in an Italian garden
204 Posts
(Offline)
101
14 April 2011 - 10.17am

Jackson said:

 Since I'm a bit of nerd, I used a program I had written back in early 2010 to help my sort out the list. I've finally got some use out of it!

How does a computer program sort your favourites?? actually no, better not answer that ..I doubt I's understand it...a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

Avatar
Joe
Pepperland
4509 Posts
(Offline)
102
14 April 2011 - 3.37pm

Jackson said:

9. Yellow Submarine
I still wonder what this song would sound like if Paul sang it.

Wonder no more!

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

Avatar
Jackson
29 Posts
(Offline)
103
14 April 2011 - 5.56pm

Sitting on a cornflake said:

Jackson said:

 Since I'm a bit of nerd, I used a program I had written back in early 2010 to help my sort out the list. I've finally got some use out of it!

How does a computer program sort your favourites?? actually no, better not answer that ..I doubt I's understand it...a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

StrawberryLakiesha said:

Jackson said:

..I was shocked by the results. In my head I already had "I'm only
sleeping" and "For No One" tied for first, but I guess I can't argue
with results:

 

I'm real confused, because didn't you chose your list?a-hard-days-night-george-5

 

 First you have to input the items, in this case the songs, then it compares every item to every other and you have to choose which one of the two that you like more. Then it orders the items from most to least votes. Maybe I over complicated things a bit.

 

Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
4618 Posts
(Offline)
104
14 April 2011 - 7.28pm

Aww that video is soooo sweet!!! thanks for sharing Joe!!!

 

and it's quite nice because before this, Paul sang All Things Must Pass.. and the crowd started chanting Ringo Ringo and Paul sang Yellow Submarine. heart

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....hkmq3Z6aUY

 

Ok sorry stay-on-topic Mith!!!

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

Avatar
Blue Nicey
Out paradin’
365 Posts
(Offline)
105
15 April 2011 - 5.02am

Joe said:

Jackson said:

9. Yellow Submarine
I still wonder what this song would sound like if Paul sang it.

Wonder no more!

It’s so funny to me that despite Paul’s extreme coolness as a twenty-something, he still grew up to do the classic dorky dance moves just like every other dad does.

Favorite Starbucks drink: Chai, baby, Chai.

Avatar
Sitting on a cornflake
as above, in an Italian garden
204 Posts
(Offline)
106
15 April 2011 - 8.10am

 

 First you have to input the items, in this case the songs, then it compares every item to every other and you have to choose which one of the two that you like more. Then it orders the items from most to least votes. Maybe I over complicated things a bit.

 

That sounds really cool .. although evidently not infallible.george-martin

Avatar
The Walrus
Working for the national health
1024 Posts
(Offline)
107
15 April 2011 - 11.33pm

Joe said:

Jackson said:

9. Yellow Submarine
I still wonder what this song would sound like if Paul sang it.

Wonder no more!

Oh dear.

And I neeeeeeeeed her all the time

Avatar
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

8720 Posts
(Offline)
108
16 April 2011 - 4.29am

a-hard-days-night-paul-6If that was an ad lib, then I'm actually not really all that completely and utterly disappointed, I think.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
6429 Posts
(Offline)
109
16 April 2011 - 12.28pm

Well, John (?) did ad-lib all those things in the studio, so I guess Paul said "My Turn"

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

Avatar
Till There Was You
:^)
390 Posts
(Offline)
110
16 April 2011 - 6.47pm

I just have to say, after watching that video, it emphasizes the fact that Paul is a dork.

Just had to say it. In some videos, he just tries way to hard.

But anyway, my favorite album is Revolver, but I really have to be honest. I can't stand the song "Yellow Submarine". My favorite song from that album would have to be "For No One".

I salute the lady who screamed "I love you Paul!" at a tribute band's concert.

Avatar
Blue Nicey
Out paradin’
365 Posts
(Offline)
111
16 April 2011 - 8.00pm

Till There Was You said:

I just have to say, after watching that video, it emphasizes the fact that Paul is a dork.

Just had to say it. In some videos, he just tries way to hard.

But anyway, my favorite album is Revolver, but I really have to be honest. I can't stand the song "Yellow Submarine". My favorite song from that album would have to be "For No One".

Agreed. I don’t really like Yellow Submarine either. And agreed again, Paul is a dork. But he’s still lovable. 🙂

Favorite Starbucks drink: Chai, baby, Chai.

Avatar
Till There Was You
:^)
390 Posts
(Offline)
112
16 April 2011 - 8.18pm

Blue Nicey said:

Agreed. I don’t really like Yellow Submarine either. And agreed again, Paul is a dork. But he’s still lovable. 🙂

You kind of get tired of "Yellow Submarine" after a while.

I salute the lady who screamed "I love you Paul!" at a tribute band's concert.

Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
4618 Posts
(Offline)
113
16 April 2011 - 8.51pm

Till There Was You said:

I just have to say, after watching that video, it emphasizes the fact that Paul is a dork.

Just had to say it. In some videos, he just tries way to hard.

 

But you know? I can't blame him. I have to say that maybe Paul feels he still needs to impress John. Ok maybe I'm saying it the wrong way, but... how to say it? He tries too hard because he wants to be the best, and sometimes you feel you're not. It happens to me all the time. My boss says "Mith, don't try too hard, you're good when you don't so you don't have to". But you can't help it. You know you're good, but then you say "What if I'm not??".

 

It's something that came to my mind when I read this so take it as a random Beatle thought courtesy of your Mexican BBFF Mithveaen.

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
6429 Posts
(Offline)
114
16 April 2011 - 8.58pm

And your Canadian BBFF agrees with you. Why is that a bad thing? If he wasn't like that, would we have had the ABM (Abbey Road Medley)? No. Would we have had all these concerts we have all seen? No. Embrace the king of Awesome, Paul McCartney.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

Avatar
Till There Was You
:^)
390 Posts
(Offline)
115
17 April 2011 - 4.10am

mithveaen said: 

But you know? I can't blame him. I have to say that maybe Paul feels he still needs to impress John. Ok maybe I'm saying it the wrong way, but… how to say it? He tries too hard because he wants to be the best, and sometimes you feel you're not. It happens to me all the time. My boss says "Mith, don't try too hard, you're good when you don't so you don't have to". But you can't help it. You know you're good, but then you say "What if I'm not??".

 

It's something that came to my mind when I read this so take it as a random Beatle thought courtesy of your Mexican BBFF Mithveaen.

I think everyone has those moments where they hear people say things like "Oh, you're just so good at blahblah-ing!" but you really think you aren't as good as they say. You think the total opposite. I never said it was a bad thing. I just said that Paul was a dork. I mean, have you seen when they did a scene from Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream (that was the play, right?), and he just kept on winking at the camera. It's a…how do I say this? Adorable dorky way. Image Enlarger

It's cute and funny…but still dorky in a sense. But it's not taking away from the fact that I love Paul.

I salute the lady who screamed "I love you Paul!" at a tribute band's concert.

Avatar
skye
AZ
2252 Posts
(Offline)
116
17 April 2011 - 5.28am

Adorkable? a-hard-days-night-paul-10

 

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

Avatar
Blue Nicey
Out paradin’
365 Posts
(Offline)
117
17 April 2011 - 6.43am

Till There Was You said:

I think everyone has those moments where they hear people say things like "Oh, you're just so good at blahblah-ing!" but you really think you aren't as good as they say. You think the total opposite. I never said it was a bad thing. I just said that Paul was a dork. I mean, have you seen when they did a scene from Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream (that was the play, right?), and he just kept on winking at the camera. It's a…how do I say this? Adorable dorky way.

It's cute and funny…but still dorky in a sense. But it's not taking away from the fact that I love Paul.

That was the cutest video ever! They crack me up.

skye said:

Adorkable? a-hard-days-night-paul-10 

I like it! Paul, my adorkable knight in shining armor. Le sigh ...

Favorite Starbucks drink: Chai, baby, Chai.

Avatar
Till There Was You
:^)
390 Posts
(Offline)
118
17 April 2011 - 6.56am

John wearing a dress is always funny, so that video makes my day everyday.

I salute the lady who screamed "I love you Paul!" at a tribute band's concert.

Avatar
The Walrus
Working for the national health
1024 Posts
(Offline)
119
17 April 2011 - 3.18pm

What's a BBFF?

And I neeeeeeeeed her all the time

Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
6429 Posts
(Offline)
120
17 April 2011 - 3.25pm

Beetles Bible Fab Forumer.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Joe
Ellie

Moderators:
Ahhh Girl
meanmistermustard
Zig
Joe

Top Posters:

Starr Shine?: 12269

Silly Girl: 8618

parlance: 7065

mr. Sun king coming together: 6429

Mr. Kite: 6131

trcanberra: 5854

Ron Nasty: 5549

Necko: 5461

mithveaen: 4618

AppleScruffJunior: 4055

Newest Members:

herseydenvar2

JohnBeatle

Michael Varn

asiffk

Ram4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 4012

Posts: 227704

 

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3634

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Little Piggy Dragonguy, Expert Textpert, limitlessundyinglove, BeatleSnut
58 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: O Boogie