1 November 2013
Dark Overlord said
I don't feel like ranking this album,
Yet you post in the rank the album thread...
The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:Beatlebug, sir walter raleigh, WeepingAtlasCedars, Pineapple Fields
If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.
25 November 2016
Keep in mind that every song is perfect to me.
13. When I Get Home - Very catchy, love the "woah-woah-aaaah". The only downfall is the slapped together lyrics. "I'm gonna love her till the cows come home" Uuuuuh....okay.
12. You Can't Do That - Not much to say about this one, other than it's a great song.
11. Any Time At All - Again, not much to say.
10. Tell Me Why - Great underrated track.
9. I'll Cry Instead - I wish this song was longer. Maybe I'll be able to hear the extended version someday, and my wish will come true.
8. I'm Happy Just To Dance With You - Love George's vocals and the backing vocals working together.
7. I'll Be Back - Another underrated song. Great way to close the album.
6. Can't Buy Me Love - I don't think of this song as highly as others would, but I still love it. Don't eat me.
5. I Should Have Known Better - One of my favorite Beatles songs with harmonica, if not my favorite.
4. Things We Said Today - Love the guitar work and lyrics.
3. A Hard Day's Night - Great way to start the album, with the opening chord. DUNGGGGGG! (That's me trying to imitate the opening chord through text. Emphasis on trying.)
2. If I Fell - Very effective lyrics, and John is singing so passionately. This song could've easily been #1, but...
1. And I Love Her - ...you can't take anything away from this song. From the awesome guitar riff, to Paul's passionate and effective vocals, this song is easily one of their best early songs.
All you need is hot potatoes...
15 June 2017
12. Any Time At All
10. I should have known better
8. I'll be back
7. When I get home
5. Tell me why
4. You can't do that
2. If I Fell
This was HARD. (Pun intended.) Excellent, excellent underrated record.
14 May 2015
15 June 2017
14 December 2009
Von Bontee said
13. I Should Have Known Better - This one and the next just seem to be more overexposed in proportion to how much I enjoy them. And I get annoyed that the most prominent lyric in the song is actually the title of an earlier (earliest) Beatles hit!
Ok, foolish me...the lyric is actually "you're gonna say you love me TOO", not "DO"! That makes it better.
One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!"
-- Paul McCartney
14 November 2017
Still writing the words to the sermon that no one will hear......
17 September 2018
Did she understand it when they said
That a man must break his back
To earn his day of leisure?
Will she still believe it when he's dead
11 September 2018
A Hard Day's Night
Beatlemania in two-and-a-half minutes. Catchy and essential, with a stunning vocal performance from both John and Paul 10/10
I Should've Known Better It's two-chord rhythm is similar to Cathy's Clown, which is another song I've always enjoyed. This isn't as good, but still enjoyable. 8/10
If I Fell Three John compositions in a row indicate how creative he was in the early days. He was always proud of this one, and rightly so. 9/10
I'm Happy Just To Dance With You Brilliant rhythm guitar elevates an otherwise filler that neither John nor Paul were particularly proud of. 7/10
And I Love Her I genuinely think it’s George’s lead guitar that makes this song as good as it is. Without the four-note intro, the apreggios or the effective solo this song would be lacking. 9/10
Tell Me Why The first disappointing song on the album. 6/10
Can't Buy Me Love Either one of Paul’s three compositions for this album could be considered his best. This isn’t my personal favourite, but it’s still one of the best songs on the album 9/10
Any Time At All The following two songs represent a minor dip in quality. You can almost feel John was writing to a formula. This one was another attempt at It Won’t Be Long. 6/10
I'll Cry Instead Better than Any Time At All . Still another filler. 7/10
Things We Said Today One of Paul’s best compositions from the Beatlemania era. There’s nothing I don’t like about this song. 10/10
When I Get Home Possibly the worst song on an album full of highlights. 5/10
You Can't Do That Angry. Great backing vocals. Great energy. 8/10
I'll Be Back This will always be one of my favourite songs. I adore the descending chord sequence (taken from Del Shannon’s Runaway) and the vulnerability in John’s vocals. 10/10
Most Users Ever Online: 597
Currently Online: Ahhh Girl, Captain Corwin
Starr Shine?: 15288
Ron Nasty: 8320
mr. Sun king coming together: 6411
Mr. Kite: 6148
Guest Posters: 87
Newest Members:WiraP, Shaggy, taxman94, BeatleIDie, RichardE79
Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 16832, meanmistermustard: 21789, Zig: 9792, Joe: 4998
Administrators: Joe: 4998, Ellie: 4