Film director Peter Jackson has unveiled a ‘sneak peek’ at his forthcoming documentary The Beatles: Get Back.
The documentary is due to open in cinemas on 27 August 2021, having been pushed back from 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Jackson is creating the documentary from footage filmed in January 1969 of The Beatles working at Twickenham Film Studios and their own Apple Studios in London. The sessions resulted in the 1970 film Let It Be, and the album of the same name.
We wanted to give the fans of The Beatles all over the world a holiday treat, so we put together this five-minute sneak peek at our upcoming theatrical film ‘The Beatles: Get Back.’ We hope it will bring a smile to everyone’s faces and some much-needed joy at this difficult time.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Casting announced for Backbeat stage show
- 2009: Paul McCartney hints at London concert residency
- 1969: Mixing, editing: Get Back album
- 1966: Recording, mixing: When I’m Sixty-Four, Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1964: Rehearsal: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bradford
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.