Paul McCartney has announced his first live performances for 2016. < --more-->
The two festival appearances will take place in the summer. McCartney will appear at Pinkpop in Landgraaf, Netherlands on 12 June, and at Rock Werchter in Werchter, Belgium on 30 June.
— Paul McCartney (@PaulMcCartney) February 15, 2016
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex, Birmingham, Alabama
- 2015: Paul McCartney performs on Saturday Night Live 40th anniversary special
- 2010: The Beatles’ Revolver tops the Vatican’s best albums list
- 1968: Mixing: Lady Madonna
- 1968: John Lennon and George Harrison fly to India
- 1965: Recording: Ticket To Ride, Another Girl, I Need You
- 1965: John Lennon passes his driving test
- 1965: US single release: Eight Days A Week
- 1964: Rehearsal for The Ed Sullivan Show
- 1963: Live: Ritz Ballroom, Birmingham
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.