1961 contract written in German and signed by the Beatles. The document was sold at an auction by Heritage Auctions in New York on Saturday 19 September 2015 for about $93,750. (Heritage Auctions via AP)
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at iHeartRadio Music Festival, Las Vegas
- 2009: The Beatles: officially bigger than Jesus, according to Google
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1964: The Beatles return to England from America
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.