The ninth concert of Paul McCartney's Out There tour took place at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
It was the first of two consecutive nights at the venue. McCartney had previously performed at the BOK Center on 17 August 2009.
after a festive gig in memphis and memorable fun, looking forward to 2 shows in tulsa.
— Rusty Anderson (@rustyanderson1) May 29, 2013
McCartney's band was Paul 'Wix' Wickens (vocals, keyboards, guitar, percussion, harmonica), Brian Ray (vocals, guitar, bass), Rusty Anderson (vocals, guitar) and Abe Laboriel Jr (vocals, drums).
Tulsa. I'm happy in the afterglow. Not ever sore. How bout you? Thanks for welcoming us last night
— Brian Ray (@brianrayguitar) May 30, 2013
A severe weather warning was in place in Oklahoma, but heavy rains failed to dampen the atmosphere in the stadium. Governer Mary Fallin had earlier proclaimed 29 May to be Paul McCartney Day in the state.
- Eight Days A Week
- Junior's Farm
- All My Loving
- Listen To What The Man Said
- Let Me Roll It
- Paperback Writer
- My Valentine
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty-Five
- The Long And Winding Road
- Maybe I'm Amazed
- I've Just Seen A Face
- We Can Work It Out
- Another Day
- And I Love Her
- Here Today
- Your Mother Should Know
- Lady Madonna
- All Together Now
- Lovely Rita
- Mrs Vandebilt
- Eleanor Rigby
- Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite!
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- Band On The Run
- Back In The USSR
- Let It Be
- Live And Let Die
- Hey Jude
Previous Out There tour dates:
- 4 May 2013: Estadio Mineirão, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- 6 May 2013: Estádio Serra Dourada, Goiânia, Brazil
- 9 May 2013: Estádio Governador Plácido Castelo, Fortaleza, Brazil
- 18 May 2013: Amway Center, Orlando, Florida
- 19 May 2013: Amway Center, Orlando, Florida
- 22 May 2013: Frank Erwin Center, Austin, Texas
- 23 May 2013: Frank Erwin Center, Austin, Texas
- 26 May 2013: FedExForum, Memphis, Tennessee
Also on this day...
- 2014: War Child and River Island come together to reissue Lennon t-shirt
- 2009: Paul McCartney to play at New York Mets stadium in July
- 2009: Beatlemania museum opens in Hamburg
- 1963: Live: Rialto Theatre, York
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.