The third concert of Paul McCartney’s Out There tour took place at Estádio Governador Plácido Castelo in Fortaleza, Brazil.
Ready to rock Fortaleza! pic.twitter.com/pK6uFSzHLc
— Paul McCartney (@PaulMcCartney) May 10, 2013
Unlike the previous date at Estádio Serra Dourada in Goiânia, the band were spared unexpected stage invaders:
No grasshoppers in Fortaleza so far… just some toy frogs pic.twitter.com/tPdJgDP2oB
— Paul McCartney (@PaulMcCartney) May 9, 2013
McCartney’s band was Paul ‘Wix’ Wickens (vocals, keyboards, guitar, percussion, harmonica), Brian Ray (vocals, guitar, bass), Rusty Anderson (vocals, guitar) and Abe Laboriel Jr (vocals, drums).
— Brian Ray (@brianrayguitar) May 10, 2013
Thanks for rockin' with us!
We'll see you soon…
: ) >
— abe laboriel jr (@ogabejr) May 10, 2013
This was McCartney’s final Brazilian show on this tour. The setlist was virtually identical to his shows in Belo Horizonte and Goiânia, although Hi, Hi, Hi and Band On The Run were swapped around.
- Eight Days A Week
- Junior’s Farm
- All My Loving
- Listen To What The Man Said
- Let Me Roll It
- Paperback Writer
- My Valentine
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty-Five
- The Long And Winding Road
- Maybe I’m Amazed
- Hope Of Deliverance
- We Can Work It Out
- Another Day
- And I Love Her
- Here Today
- Your Mother Should Know
- Lady Madonna
- All Together Now
- Mrs Vandebilt
- Eleanor Rigby
- Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite!
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- Hi, Hi, Hi
- Band On The Run
- Back In The USSR
- Let It Be
- Live And Let Die
- Hey Jude
Previous Out There tour dates:
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Estadio Monumental, Lima, Peru
- 1969: Paul McCartney performs on Steve Miller’s My Dark Hour
- 1969: Mixing: Get Back album inserts
- 1969: UK album release: Unfinished Music No.2: Life With The Lions by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1969: UK album release: Electronic Sound by George Harrison
- 1967: Recording: Untitled
- 1966: Recording: For No One
- 1965: The Beatles watch Bob Dylan perform in London
- 1965: Filming: Help! – various scenes around London
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.