Sir Paul McCartney performed at the Hartwall Areena in Finland’s capital Helsinki, as part of his On The Run tour.
It was McCartney’s first show in Finland since the 04 Summer Tour stopped at the Olympiastadion in Helsinki in June 2004.
The setlist was the same as his 5 December concert at London’s O2 Arena, aside from the addition of Ram On.
McCartney’s band was Paul ‘Wix’ Wickens (vocals, keyboards, guitar, percussion, harmonica), Brian Ray (vocals, guitar, bass), Rusty Anderson (vocals, guitar) and Abe Laboriel Jr (vocals, drums).
- Hello, Goodbye
- Junior’s Farm
- All My Loving
- Drive My Car
- Sing The Changes
- The Night Before
- Let Me Roll It
- Paperback Writer
- The Long And Winding Road
- Come And Get It
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty-Five
- Maybe I’m Amazed
- I’ve Just Seen A Face
- I Will
- Here Today
- Dance Tonight
- Mrs Vandebilt
- Eleanor Rigby
- Ram On
- Band On The Run
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- Back In The USSR
- I’ve Got A Feeling
- A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance
- Let It Be
- Live and Let Die
- Hey Jude
Further On The Run tour dates:
- 14 December: Olimpiisky Arena, Moscow, Russia
- 19 December: MEN Arena, Manchester, England
- 20 December: Echo Arena, Liverpool, England
Also on this day...
- 1969: George Harrison live at Falkoner Theatre, Copenhagen with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1969: John Lennon is interviewed for South African radio
- 1969: Album release: Live Peace In Toronto 1969 by Plastic Ono Band
- 1968: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for Dutch television
- 1968: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for BBC radio’s Night Ride
- 1965: Live: Capitol Cinema, Cardiff
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Nottingham
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.