Sir Paul McCartney performed at the Ericsson Globe in Sweden’s capital Stockholm, as part of his On The Run tour.
It was McCartney’s first show in Sweden since the 04 Summer Tour stopped at the Ullevi Stadium in Gothenburg in 2004.
There were minor setlist changes from his previous show at the O2 Arena in London. He opened with Magical Mystery Tour instead of Hello, Goodbye, and played Got To Get You Into My Life rather than Drive My Car, I’ve Just Seen A Face instead of I Will.
McCartney’s band was Paul ‘Wix’ Wickens (vocals, keyboards, guitar, percussion, harmonica), Brian Ray (vocals, guitar, bass), Rusty Anderson (vocals, guitar) and Abe Laboriel Jr (vocals, drums).
- Magical Mystery Tour
- Junior’s Farm
- All My Loving
- Got To Get You Into My Life
- Sing The Changes
- The Night Before
- Let Me Roll It
- Paperback Writer
- The Long And Winding Road
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty-Five
- Come And Get It
- Maybe I’m Amazed
- I’m Looking Through You
- And I Love Her
- Here Today
- Dance Tonight
- Mrs Vandebilt
- Eleanor Rigby
- Band On The Run
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- Back In The USSR
- I’ve Got A Feeling
- A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance
- Let It Be
- Live and Let Die
- Hey Jude
Further On The Run tour dates:
- 12 December: Hartwall Areena, Helsinki, Finland
- 14 December: Olimpiisky Arena, Moscow, Russia
- 19 December: MEN Arena, Manchester, England
- 20 December: Echo Arena, Liverpool, England
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France
- 1969: George Harrison live at Falkoner Theatre, Copenhagen with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1968: John Lennon rehearses for The Rolling Stones’ Rock And Roll Circus
- 1965: Live: Odeon Cinema, Hammersmith, London
- 1964: Ringo Starr leaves hospital
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Doncaster
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Blue Gardenia Club, London
- 1960: John Lennon leaves Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.