Sir Paul McCartney's On The Run tour moved to Italy, with a concert at the Unipol Arena in Bologna.
It was his first concert since he performed at the Yas Arena in Abu Dhabi on 13 November 2011, as part of the Formula 1 Grand Prix weekend.
McCartney's band was Paul 'Wix' Wickens (vocals, keyboards, guitar, percussion, harmonica), Brian Ray (vocals, guitar, bass), Rusty Anderson (vocals, guitar) and Abe Laboriel Jr (vocals, drums).
The setlist had some surprises. The Wings song Let 'Em In was dropped, and in its place was added the Badfinger song Come And Get It, which McCartney wrote in 1968.
More surprising was the first encore, a medley of The Word and All You Need Is Love, with a brief snippet of She Loves You at the end. McCartney has never before performed the medley in public. Watch it here:
- Magical Mystery Tour
- Junior's Farm
- All My Loving
- Got To Get You Into My Life
- Sing The Changes
- The Night Before
- Let Me Roll It
- Paperback Writer
- The Long And Winding Road
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty-Five
- Come And Get It
- Maybe I'm Amazed
- I'm Looking Through You
- And I Love Her
- Here Today
- Dance Tonight
- Mrs Vandebilt
- Eleanor Rigby
- Band On The Run
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- Back In The USSR
- I've Got A Feeling
- A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance
- Let It Be
- Live and Let Die
- Hey Jude
Further On The Run tour dates:
- 27 November: Mediolanum Forum, Milan, Italy
- 30 November: Omnisport Arena, Paris, France
- 1 December: Lanxess Arena, Köln, Germany
- 5 December: O2 Arena, London, England
- 10 December: Ericsson Globe Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
- 12 December: Hartwall Areena, Helsinki, Finland
- 14 December: Olimpiisky Arena, Moscow, Russia
- 19 December: MEN Arena, Manchester, England
- 20 December: Echo Arena, Liverpool, England
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Allianz Parque, São Paulo, Brazil
- 1969: Recording, mixing, editing: You Know My Name (Look Up The Number), What’s The New Mary Jane
- 1963: Live: Regal Cinema, Cambridge
- 1962: Recording: Please Please Me single
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.