Sir Paul McCartney performed an intimate concert before 1,400 people at the Apollo Theater in Harlem, New York City, as part of Sirius XM Radio's celebrations on aquiring 20 million subscribers.
McCartney and his band performed for competition winners and celebrities, playing a truncated version of the set he's been using on his Up And Coming world tour with some new additions.
McCartney also played a cover version of Marvin Gaye's Hitch Hike, which took three attempts due to problems with the sound system. He also performed his soundcheck staple Petrushka, and the seasonal classic Wonderful Christmastime - with backing from a youth choir.
Celebrities in attendance included Keith Richards, Jerry Seinfeld, Simon Le Bon, Kevin Bacon, Tony Bennett, Alec Baldwin, John McEnroe and Howard Stern.
- Magical Mystery Tour
- Drive My Car
- All My Loving
- One After 909
- Let Me Roll It
- The Long And Winding Road
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five
- Maybe I'm Amazed
- I'm Looking Through You
- And I Love Her
- Dance Tonight
- Eleanor Rigby
- Hitch Hike
- Band On The Run
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- Back In The USSR
- A Day In the Life/Give Peace A Chance
- Let It Be
- Hey Jude
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at 121212: The Concert For Sandy Relief
- 1965: Paul McCartney takes LSD for the first time
- 1965: The Beatles discuss their third film project
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Southampton
- 1962: Live: Corn Exchange, Bedford
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.