Geoff Baker, former press officer for Apple Corps and Paul McCartney, is to write a history of The Beatles' fans in their own words.
The Beatles Fanthology will contain pictures, stories, memories and other observations from fans worldwide, and will cover everything from the group's beginnings in 1957 to the present day. Baker is asking for fans' contributions to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Geoff Baker worked with Derek Taylor on the Beatles Anthology project. He worked with McCartney for more than a decade, but was fired in 2006 due to a cocaine habit. Baker subsequently turned down an offer of £150,000 to write a book about his former boss.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney attends the première of Ocean’s Kingdom
- 2010: HP to digitise Paul McCartney’s personal archive
- 2009: The Beatles break chart records around the world in 2009
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.