Sir Paul McCartney's Grammy Award-winning 1973 album Band On The Run is to be reissued in November. The remastered recording will be issued in a range of formats, including a deluxe four-disc collection.
In addition to the basic single disc collection, there will be a two CD, 1 DVD package featuring nine bonus tracks plus rare footage from the album sessions in Lagos, Nigeria, promotional video clips, the little-seen One Hand Clapping television special, and outtakes from the cover shoot.
There will also be a double vinyl version featuring the remastered album and nine bonus tracks, pressed on 180gm vinyl, plus links to mp3 downloads. The standard and deluxe versions will both be available worldwide as digital downloads.
Band On The Run sold more than seven million copies, and topped the US charts on three separate occasions. The reissue is the first installment of the Paul McCartney Archive Collection, which will encompass 40 years of archive material.
The album will be released on 1 November in Britain and the following day in the United States.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Maclen (Music) Limited begins legal proceedings against Northern Songs
- 1968: Recording: I Will, Glass Onion
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Your Mother Should Know, Blue Jay Way
- 1966: John Lennon, Paul McCartney and Brian Epstein meet in Paris
- 1964: Live: City Park Stadium, New Orleans
- 1963: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr holiday in Greece
- 1963: John and Cynthia Lennon holiday in Paris
- 1963: George Harrison holidays with his sister Louise in Benton, IL, USA
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.