Sir Paul McCartney closed the Hard Rock Calling festival in London's Hyde Park with an outdoor concert in front of 50,000 fans.
An edited version of the concert was also streamed on YouTube's Born HIV Free channel. The campaign, fronted by Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, supports the worldwide fight against AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.
During the concert McCartney turned down a request on a sign held by a fan asking for an autograph. "We've got one here that says, 'Sign my butt and I'll get it tattooed'," he said. "The answer to that is No."
The setlist was identical to McCartney's show at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium on the previous night, including a version of 1971's Ram On.
- Venus And Mars/Rock Show
- All My Loving
- Letting Go
- Got To Get You Into My Life
- Let Me Roll It
- The Long And Winding Road
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five
- Let 'Em In
- My Love
- I'm Looking Through You
- Two Of Us
- Here Today
- Dance Tonight
- Mrs Vandebilt
- Eleanor Rigby
- Ram On
- Sing The Changes
- Band On The Run
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- Back In The USSR
- I've Got A Feeling
- Paperback Writer
- A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance
- Let It Be
- Live And Let Die
- Hey Jude
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston, Michigan
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Ernst-Happel-Stadion, Vienna, Austria
- 1968: Recording: Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey
- 1966: Travel: Hamburg, London, Alaska
- 1965: Live: Teatro Adriano, Rome, Italy
- 1964: Live: Majestic Theatre, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 1963: Lennon and McCartney finish writing She Loves You
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.