Sir Paul McCartney performed the first of two concerts at Mexico City's Foro Sol stadium, in front of more than 50,000 people.
The former Beatle is performing two consecutive shows in the city, the second of which is to be broadcast to residents on giant screens in a Chapultepec Park plaza.
The second date was added after this first show broke the world record for the fastest ever-selling stadium show in Mexico, breaking a previous record held by Radiohead.
Around 100 people camped outside McCartney's hotel in the hope of seeing him in person.
The setlist was mostly identical to McCartney's last concert, in Miami's Sun Life Stadium on 3 April 2010, though with the addition of an apparently improvised song, Shine A Light In Mexico:
- Venus And Mars/Rock Show
- All My Loving
- Letting Go
- Got To Get You Into My Life
- Let Me Roll It
- The Long And Winding Road
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five
- Let 'Em In
- My Love
- Shine A Light In Mexico
- I'm Looking Through You
- Two Of Us
- Here Today
- Dance Tonight
- Mrs Vandebilt
- Eleanor Rigby
- Sing The Changes
- Band On The Run
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- Back In The USSR
- I've Got A Feeling
- Paperback Writer
- A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance
- Let It Be
- Live And Let Die
- Hey Jude
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England
- 1966: John Lennon is filmed with Bob Dylan
- 1964: Paul McCartney, Jane Asher, Ringo Starr and Maureen Cox fly to London from the Virgin Islands
- 1963: Live: Capitol Cinema, Cardiff
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Regal Ballroom, Nairn, Scotland
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.