Sir Paul McCartney performed the second of two shows at the Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, as part of his Up And Coming Tour.
The Beatles performed three triumphant shows at the venue in 1964 and 1965, which were recorded by Capitol Records. Highlights from the recordings were released in 1977 as The Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl.
The setlist was mostly similar to the previous night’s, although some changes were made: Drive My Car replaced Got To Get You Into My Life; Let ‘Em In was performed instead of (I Want To) Come Home; I’ve Just Seen A Face was played instead of I’m Looking Through You; and Two Of Us was replaced by And I Love Her.
- Venus And Mars/Rock Show
- ‘All My Loving’
- Letting Go
- ‘Drive My Car’
- Let Me Roll It
- ‘The Long And Winding Road’
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five
- Let ‘Em In
- My Love
- ‘I’ve Just Seen A Face’
- ‘And I Love Her’
- Here Today
- Dance Tonight
- Mrs Vandebilt
- ‘Eleanor Rigby’
- Sing The Changes
- Band On The Run
- ‘Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da’
- ‘Back In The USSR’
- ‘I’ve Got A Feeling’
- ‘Paperback Writer’
- ‘A Day In The Life’/‘Give Peace A Chance’
- ‘Let It Be’
- Live And Let Die
- ‘Hey Jude’
Also on this day...
- 1970: Paul McCartney reacts angrily to a letter from John Lennon and George Harrison, delivered by Ringo Starr
- 1970: Radio: Ringo Starr on Open House
- 1969: George and Pattie Harrison are fined for drugs possession
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s lightning trip to Vienna
- 1967: Recording, mixing: With A Little Help From My Friends, Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite!
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: De Montfort Hall, Leicester
- 1962: Live: Subscription Rooms, Stroud
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.