John Lennon's former girlfriend, May Pang, visited the Beatle's childhood home during a visit to the city.
May Pang, 58, had an 18-month relationship with Lennon in the 1970s during his temporary separation from a period he later dubbed his "lost weekend".
Pang visited Liverpool with her daughter Lara to see Cynthia and Julian Lennon's new exhibition at the Beatles Story. While there she visited John Lennon's home childhood home, Mendips, at 251 Menlove Avenue, Liverpool. The house is now owned by the National Trust.
I've known Cynthia since the 70s, and we've remained friends.
I'm just really happy to be here for the exhibition launch and to see them.
I'll also be doing a little bit of sightseeing with Lara - I love Liverpool and she's always heard me talk about it.
White Feather: Spirit Of Lennon opens at the Beatles Story tomorrow.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Beatles mono vinyl box set due in September
- 1968: Television: David Frost Presents…
- 1966: The Beatles’ only live Top Of The Pops appearance
- 1966: Recording: Here, There And Everywhere
- 1965: Radio: The World Of Books
- 1965: Recording: post-sync work for Help!
- 1964: Live: Festival Hall, Melbourne
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Romford
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: The Institute, Neston, Wirral
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.