A special Beatles-themed edition of the board game Trivial Pursuit is to go on sale in August 2009.
It is being manufactured by USAopoly, which in 2008 launched the successful Beatles Monopoly Game. It is being released under licence from Hasbro and Signature Network and is authorised by Apple Corps.
An especially-designed game board features photography of the group, and a unique die features The Beatles’ logo and other icons. The game board will have four special zones:
- Come Together Zone: should a player lands on a wedge area, anyone also in this area can enter a showdown with the player. The first person to answer correctly wins the wedge.
- Get Back Zone: a player can move another to any other space on the board to hinder their progress.
- All You Need Is Love Zone: should a player land here, he or she can choose an easy-grade question no matter what the die gives them.
- Ticket To Ride Zone: players can take a free wedge of their choosing.
USAopoly have also announced a new Beatles-themed jigsaw puzzle, due in June. The 500-piece, 19″x19″ puzzle features the cover artwork from the Revolver album.
The company has previously produced jigsaw puzzles featuring the Anthology artwork and a White Album theme.
Also on this day...
- 2016: Beatles press officer Tony Barrow dies
- 2010: John Lennon statue to be unveiled in Liverpool
- 1968: Lennon and McCartney give interviews in New York
- 1963: Live: Rink Ballroom, Sunderland
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Lathom Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.