The ambient techno album, credited to The Fireman, had been released in the United Kingdom on 15 November 1993.
I originally got in touch with Youth so I could ask him to do a couple of dance mixes from the Off The Ground project. He’s a ‘buzzy’ character so I was glad when he agreed to do it. The brief from me was that he should only use stuff from our recordings, because dance mixes often feature a kick-drum sample or a James Brown snare sound and, as a consequence, the record ends up sounding a bit like someone else’s So I told Youth that I’d prefer any sound he might select to come off our recordings, mainly Off The Ground.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Irving Plaza, New York
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at UT Tyler Cowan Center, Tyler, TX, USA
- 1968: Mal Evans flies to India
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Only A Northern Song
- 1964: Rehearsal for The Ed Sullivan Show
- 1963: Live: Locarno Ballroom, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cassanova Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.