While the world reacted to the news that The Beatles were no more, George Harrison gave an interview to the BBC for their religious television series Fact Or Fantasy?
The interview took place in Harrison’s office at the Apple Corps headquarters in Savile Row, London. He spoke at length about his spiritual beliefs, with particular emphasis on the Krishna movement.
The edition of Fact Or Fantasy was subtitled Prayer And Meditation. Featuring nearly 11 minutes of the Harrison interview, it was first shown on BBC 1 from 6.15-6.50pm on 26 April 1970.
Last updated: 28 July 2012
Also on this day...
- 2011: The Beatles’ first contract to be auctioned
- 1970: The Beatles’ final press release
- 1970: Paul McCartney announces The Beatles’ split
- 1967: Paul McCartney performs on The Beach Boys’ Vegetables
- 1965: Television: Top Of The Pops
- 1964: US album release: The Beatles’ Second Album
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1962: Stuart Sutcliffe dies
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
Meanwhile everyone is going WTF is going on with the band George ?