While in the US they briefly stopped over in Las Vegas, where they met Elvis Presley at the International Hotel, before returning to LA then flying on to New York.
On this day the couple returned to London from New York. The next day Starr was back in the recording studio, with a session for his debut solo album Sentimental Journey.
Also on this day...
- 1968: Ringo Starr rehearses for Cilla Black’s television show
- 1968: Tape copying: Only A Northern Song
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bradford
- 1962: Live: Oasis Club, Manchester
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.