Olympic Sound Studios, Barnes, London
Producer: Glyn Johns
The final Beatles-related studio booking of 1969 was a mixing and editing session for the unreleased Get Back album. None of The Beatles attended.
It lasted two hours, from 2-4pm, and was a continuation of Glyn Johns’ work-in-progress on the LP. It is not known which songs were worked on.
Johns had been asked by The Beatles to compile the album, which was to more closely follow the songs in the film than his previous effort had. His first session for this part of the project had taken place on 15 December.
There was just one more session for the ill-fated project, which took place on 5 January 1970, again at Olympic Sound Studios.
Also on this day...
- 2020: Peter Jackson releases ‘sneak peek’ at documentary The Beatles: Get Back
- 2009: Casting announced for Backbeat stage show
- 2009: Paul McCartney hints at London concert residency
- 1967: The Beatles’ Magical Mystery Tour launch party
- 1966: Recording, mixing: When I’m Sixty-Four, Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1964: Rehearsal: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bradford
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.