Apple Studios, Savile Row, London
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Glyn Johns
Following The Beatles; rooftop concert on 30 January 1969, stereo mixes of five of the songs were made on this day.
At the end of this session the mixes were assembled onto a tape compilation, although just one of them - a version of One After 909 - was selected for Johns' unreleased Get Back album.
Also on this day...
- 1996: Press release for Real Love
- 1970: Recording: Love Is A Many Splendoured Thing by Ringo Starr
- 1968: Ringo Starr rehearses for Cilla Black’s television show
- 1967: Filming: Penny Lane
- 1964: Press conference: London airport
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Doncaster
- 1962: Live: Kingsway Club, Southport
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime) – Ringo Starr’s first show with The Beatles
- 1961: Live: Blair Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.