The sixth Los Angeles recording session for Jackie Lomax's debut album Is This What You Want? took place on this day at Sound Recorders Studio.
George Harrison produced the album, which was released by Apple in March 1969.
During this day's session strings were added to the title track Is This What You Want?, and the song Little Yellow Pills. The overdubbed instruments were arranged and conducted by Allan Capps, and drummer Hal Blaine was among the performers.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Steinway announces John Lennon grand piano
- 2010: Paul McCartney and Wings’ Band On The Run is reissued
- 2004: Album release: Acoustic by John Lennon
- 1968: UK album release: Wonderwall Music by George Harrison
- 1967: Recording, mixing, editing: Untitled Sound Effects, Hello, Goodbye, The Fool On The Hill
- 1967: Mixing: All You Need Is Love, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- 1965: Television: The Music Of Lennon & McCartney
- 1964: Live: Astoria Cinema, Finsbury Park, London
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Cheltenham
- 1963: UK EP release: The Beatles No. 1
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Bruno Koschmider terminates The Beatles’ contract
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.