Paul McCartney was the best man at his brother Michael's wedding on this day.
Mike McCartney married Angela Fishwick, a hair stylist, at St Bridget's Parish Church in the small village of Carrog in Merionethshire, north Wales. It was the same church where the McCartneys' father Jim had married his second wife in 1966.
The wedding reception was held at Jim McCartney's home in Gayton, Cheshire. Paul led a singalong around the family piano.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Community Arts Center, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Barclays Center, New York
- 2011: Paul McCartney, Yoko Ono and George Martin celebrate five years of Love in Las Vegas
- 1968: George Harrison and Ringo Starr visit Joan Baez in California
- 1967: Recording: You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)
- 1966: Recording: Good Day Sunshine
- 1965: Mixing: I Want To Hold Your Hand
- 1964: The Beatles arrive in Hong Kong
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Newcastle
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.