Martin's soundtrack for the Yellow Submarine film was nearing completion, but there were still sections which needed attention. This day's copy of Harrison's vocals was most likely to help in the construction of certain sections in the score.
None of The Beatles were present for this session, which took place from 12.00-1pm in the control room of Abbey Road's Studio Two.
Also on this day...
- 1970: Ringo and Maureen return to London from New York
- 1968: Ringo Starr rehearses for Cilla Black’s television show
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bradford
- 1962: Live: Oasis Club, Manchester
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.