EMI Recording Studio, Bombay, India
Producer: George Harrison
Engineers: JP Sen, SN Gupta
George Harrison had flown to India on 7 January 1968 to record the soundtrack for the film Wonderwall. The third session took place on this day.
The sessions began on 9 January in Bombay (Mumbai), and the soundtrack was mostly complete by 12 January.
The musicians included Ashish Khan (sarod), ahapurush Misra (tabla and pakavaj), Sharad Jadev and Hanuman Jadev (shanhais), Shambu-Das, Indril Bhattacharya and Shankar Ghosh (sitar), Chandra Shakher (sur-bahar), Shiv Kumar Sharmar (santorr), SR Kenkare and Hari Prasad Chaurasia (flute), Vinayak Vohra (taar shehnai) and Rijram Desad (dholak, harmonium and tabla-tarang).
The Bombay sessions took place at EMI Recording Studios, based at the Universal Insurance Building, Sir Pherozeshah Mehta Rd, Fort, Bombay 400001.
Also on this day...
- 2016: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr pay tribute to David Bowie
- 1967: McCartney and Starr watch Jimi Hendrix in London
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1964: Live: The Beatles’ Christmas Show
- 1963: Live: Plaza, Old Hill
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1963: UK single release: Please Please Me
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.