EMI Recording Studio, Bombay, India
Producer: George Harrison
Engineers: JP Sen, SN Gupta
The musicians included Ashish Khan (sarod), ahapurush Misra (tabla and pakavaj), Sharad Jadev and Hanuman Jadev (shanhais), Shambu-Das, Indril Bhattacharya and Shankar Ghosh (sitar), Chandra Shakher (sur-bahar), Shiv Kumar Sharmar (santorr), SR Kenkare and Hari Prasad Chaurasia (flute), Vinayak Vohra (taar shehnai) and Rijram Desad (dholak, harmonium and tabla-tarang).
The Bombay sessions took place at EMI Recording Studios, based at the Universal Insurance Building, Sir Pherozeshah Mehta Rd, Fort, Bombay 400001.
Also on this day...
- 2017: Beatles poster artist Tony Booth dies
- 2016: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr pay tribute to David Bowie
- 1967: McCartney and Starr watch Jimi Hendrix in London
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1964: Live: The Beatles’ Christmas Show
- 1963: Live: Plaza, Old Hill
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1963: UK single release: Please Please Me
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.