On this day The Beatles were filmed in two sequences. Firstly they rode white horses through an archway in a ruined wall, turning to the right. Then they sat at a dinner table laid out with candelabras and lace cloth, where they were served with their musical instruments by Mal Evans. In the clip John Lennon demonstrated his displeasure by overturning the table.
The temperature was bitterly cold on this February day, but a crowd of onlookers including pupils from a local school stayed to watch the filming.
In the evening Micky Dolenz of The Monkees and the group's road manager Ric Klein visited Paul McCartney's house in Cavendish Avenue, London.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney to headline Queen’s diamond jubilee concert
- 2012: US album release: Kisses On The Bottom by Paul McCartney
- 1970: John Lennon and Yoko Ono appear on The Simon Dee Show
- 1970: George Harrison produces Govinda by Radha Krshna Temple
- 1965: John and Cynthia Lennon return to England from Switzerland
- 1964: The Beatles’ American invasion begins
- 1964: UK EP release: All My Loving
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Wakefield
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Merseyside Civil Service Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.