Although the Rubber Soul album had been on sale for more than six months, Parlophone on this day issued a mono EP containing four songs from it.
The Nowhere Man EP was issued as Parlophone GEP 8952. The songs were ‘Nowhere Man’, ‘Drive My Car’, ‘Michelle’ and ‘You Won’t See Me’.
It reached number four in the UK EP charts, and spent a total of 18 weeks in the rundown. Its low chart ranking can be attributed to the superfluousness of the release, although it did feature a new cover photo taken by Robert Whitaker.
Nowhere Man, The Beatles’ 12th official EP, was the last to be released prior to the special double set Magical Mystery Tour in 1967.
Last updated: 30 June 2018
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Piazza Napoleone, Lucca, Italy
- 2009: McCartney rebuffs rumours that Michael Jackson left Beatles songs in will
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Here Comes The Sun
- 1968: Recording: Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- 1968: The Beatles attend a press screening of Yellow Submarine
- 1966: Travel: India to England
- 1963: Live: Winter Gardens, Margate
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.