Stereo mixes of three Revolver songs were made during this session, some of which were also used on the Capitol Records album Yesterday… And Today. The brief session lasted from 11am to 12.30pm, and none of The Beatles was present.
The first song was And Your Bird Can Sing. Two stereo mixes were made, one each of takes 10 and 6. The version which appeared on both albums was an edit consisting mainly of take 10, but with the ending of take 6. The edit was made towards the end of the session.
The next song was Doctor Robert, which was also mixed in two attempts, both from take 7. The first of these was sent to North America for Yesterday… And Today, while the second was used on Revolver.
The third song was I’m Only Sleeping, which also took two goes to get right. These were from take 13. As before, the first was used by Capitol while the second was released by EMI.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney cancels remainder of Japanese tour dates
- 1970: UK première of Let It Be
- 1967: The BBC bans A Day In The Life
- 1966: Filming: Paperback Writer, Rain
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Southampton
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Town Hall, Alloa, Scotland
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.