Paul McCartney, Jane Asher, George Harrison and Pattie Boyd saw in 1966 at a New Year’s Eve party hosted by EMI executives in London.
John Lennon and his wife Cynthia, meanwhile, spent the evening at a party held by record producer and songwriter Norman Newell.
Last updated: 20 June 2010
Also on this day...
- 2002: Sir Paul McCartney is presented with his coat of arms
- 1970: Paul McCartney files a lawsuit to dissolve The Beatles’ partnership
- 1966: George Harrison is refused entry to Annabel’s nightclub in London
- 1964: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1963: Live: The Beatles’ Christmas Show
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.