The session took place from 3.30-6.20pm. The basic track was recorded in two takes, although due to an error in the control room announcement it they were numbered takes two and three.
The Beatles then added a series of overdubs. Track two contained electric piano by an unknown player, plus a lead guitar by Harrison – these were later wiped. Lennon, McCartney and George Harrison added vocals onto track three, and Lennon double-tracked his lead vocals onto the fourth.
‘You’re Going To Lose That Girl’ was completed on 30 March 1965, following further overdubs.
Also on this day...
- 1971: UK single release: Another Day by Paul McCartney
- 1970: Recording: It Don’t Come Easy by Ringo Starr
- 1970: Recording: Love Is A Many Splendoured Thing by Ringo Starr
- 1968: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr fly to India
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.