The guests included John Lennon and George Harrison, and Brian Epstein was the best man. Paul McCartney was on holiday in Portugal at the time, so was unable to attend. The registrar was Mr D A Boreham.
Following the wedding the happy couple drove to Hove, Sussex, where they enjoyed a short honeymoon at the Princes Crescent home of The Beatles' solicitor David Jacobs.
Also on this day...
- 2010: All You Need Is Love to be released as a Beatles Rock Band download
- 1970: Plastic Ono Band perform Instant Karma! on Top Of The Pops
- 1970: New York première of The Magic Christian
- 1970: Recording, mixing: I’m A Fool To Care by Ringo Starr
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Hey Bulldog
- 1966: UK single release: Woman by Peter And Gordon
- 1964: Live: Washington Coliseum, Washington, DC
- 1963: Recording: Please Please Me album
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cassanova Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Lathom Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.