This was the fifth of The Beatles' six consecutive dates in the English seaside town of Southport, Lancashire. They played two houses on each night.
They played the same set of 10 songs throughout the residency: Roll Over Beethoven, Thank You Girl, Chains, A Taste Of Honey, She Loves You, Baby It's You, From Me To You, Boys, I Saw Her Standing There and Twist And Shout.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney urges Scots to vote No to independence
- 1972: John Lennon live at Madison Square Garden, New York
- 1969: John Lennon and Ringo Starr travel to the Isle of Wight to see Bob Dylan
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Dear Prudence
- 1968: UK single release: Hey Jude
- 1966: Travel: Los Angeles to London
- 1965: Live: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles
- 1964: Live: Convention Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey
- 1963: Television: The Mersey Sound
- 1962: Live: Riverpark Ballroom, Chester
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.