This was The Beatles’ only appearance at the Gaumont in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, and was part of their 1963 tour of the UK with Roy Orbison.
As with the other nights on the Roy Orbison tour, The Beatles’ set on this night consisted of seven songs: Some Other Guy, Do You Want To Know A Secret, Love Me Do, From Me To You, Please Please Me, I Saw Her Standing There and Twist And Shout.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Amway Center, Orlando, Florida
- 1968: John Lennon and Yoko Ono record Two Virgins
- 1967: Press launch for Sgt Pepper
- 1966: Recording: For No One
- 1966: Filming: Paperback Writer, Rain
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.