The second date of The Beatles' UK tour with Tommy Roe and Chris Montez took them to the Hippodrome Theatre in Birmingham.
Although The Beatles hadn't been placed on the top of the bill prior to the tour, the audience reaction after the first night in London ensured that the group closed the show on this and all subsequent tour dates.
The group returned to the Hippodrome on other occasion, 10 November 1963, during their 1963 Autumn Tour of the UK and Ireland.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Auditorio Nacional, Mexico City, Mexico
- 1969: Mixing: Get Back, Teddy Boy, Two Of Us, Dig A Pony, I’ve Got A Feeling, The Long And Winding Road, Let It Be, Rocker, Save The Last Dance For Me, Don’t Let Me Down, For You Blue, The Walk
- 1967: Recording: Getting Better
- 1965: Travel: Bahamas to London
- 1964: Recording, mixing: Can’t Buy Me Love, Long Tall Sally, I Call Your Name, You Can’t Do That, Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand, Sie Liebt Dich
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1962: Live: St Paul’s Presbyterian Church Hall, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.