The Beatles appeared on the children's television show Tuesday Rendezvous on this day. It was the first time they appeared on television in the London area.
It was filmed in Studio Four at Wembley Studios. Tuesday Rendezvous was a live show broadcast weekly by the London ITV station Associated-Rediffusion.
Other acts appearing on the show were guitarist Bert Weedon, folk singer Wally Whyton, and glove puppets Fred Barker and Ollie Beak.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Item 1 and Item 2 by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1969: George Harrison live at City Hall, Sheffield with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1969: Television: 24 Hours: The World Of John And Yoko – day three
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Blue Turning Grey Over You by Ringo Starr
- 1968: George Harrison invites Hells Angels to Apple
- 1965: Live: City Hall, Newcastle
- 1964: UK album release: Beatles For Sale
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.