Two days before their first Abbey Road recording session, The Beatles undertook a second day of rehearsals at the Cavern Club, Liverpool.
The rehearsal began at 7pm, so there were no scheduled performances at the Cavern that evening. The following day The Beatles drove from Liverpool to London, ahead of the session.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee concert, London
- 2012: The Beatles named as UK’s biggest-selling singles act in Queen’s reign
- 2007: UK album release: Memory Almost Full by Paul McCartney
- 1991: US album release: Unplugged (The Official Bootleg) by Paul McCartney
- 1969: US single release: The Ballad Of John And Yoko
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Revolution 1
- 1967: McCartney and Harrison watch Jimi Hendrix in London
- 1965: UK EP release: Beatles For Sale No 2
- 1964: The Beatles’ world tour begins in Copenhagen, Denmark
- 1964: Recording, mixing, editing: Long Tall Sally, Matchbox, I Call Your Name, Slow Down, When I Get Home, Any Time At All, I’ll Cry Instead
- 1963: Live: Town Hall, Birmingham
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.