This was The Beatles' 46th of 48 nights at Hamburg's Star-Club, the city's newest rock 'n' roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
It was The Beatles' third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Also on this day...
- 2014: War Child and River Island come together to reissue Lennon t-shirt
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at BOK Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 2009: Paul McCartney to play at New York Mets stadium in July
- 2009: Beatlemania museum opens in Hamburg
- 1963: Live: Rialto Theatre, York
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.