This was The Beatles' 41st of 48 nights at Hamburg's Star-Club, the city's newest rock 'n' roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
It was The Beatles' third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at O2 Arena, London
- 2010: Paul McCartney to receive Gershwin Prize at the White House
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono fly to the Bahamas
- 1968: Demo recordings for the White Album
- 1967: The Beatles watch Procol Harum perform in London
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, Walthamstow, London
- 1963: Radio: Pop Go The Beatles
- 1962: Recording: Sweet Georgia Brown, Swanee River
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.