This was The Beatles' 32nd of 48 nights at Hamburg's Star-Club, the city's newest rock 'n' roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
It was The Beatles' third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Syco Entertainment to co-produce Brian Epstein biopic The Fifth Beatle
- 2011: Handwritten lyrics for Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds sell for $200,000
- 1969: Radio: Paul McCartney is interviewed for BBC Radio Merseyside’s Light And Local
- 1967: Paul McCartney meets Linda Eastman
- 1963: Live: Royalty Theatre, Chester
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Iron Door Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.