The Beatles gave their 102nd lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club on this day.
The group's lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 169th known performance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool's city centre, including evening appearances.
Also on this day...
- 1967: Mixing: Sgt Pepper crossfades, Good Morning Good Morning
- 1967: Paul McCartney and Jane Asher holiday in Denver
- 1966: Recording: Tomorrow Never Knows
- 1965: UK EP release: Beatles For Sale
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Pavilion Gardens Ballroom, Buxton
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.