On this day The Beatles’ 65th evening show at the Cavern Club took place. It was also the 25th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
Overall this was their 164th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: the Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles
- 1970: Mixing: For You Blue
- 1967: Recording: With A Little Help From My Friends
- 1967: Cover shoot for Sgt Pepper
- 1965: Recording: That Means A Lot, You’re Going To Lose That Girl
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Brian Epstein commissions Derek Taylor to ghostwrite A Cellarful Of Noise
- 1963: Live: Guildhall, Portsmouth
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.