On this day The Beatles’ 65th evening show at the Cavern Club took place. It was also the 25th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
Overall this was their 164th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at the Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles
- 1970: Mixing: For You Blue
- 1967: Recording: With A Little Help From My Friends
- 1967: Cover shoot for Sgt Pepper
- 1965: Recording: That Means A Lot, You’re Going To Lose That Girl
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Brian Epstein commissions Derek Taylor to ghostwrite A Cellarful Of Noise
- 1963: Live: Guildhall, Portsmouth
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.