On this day The Beatles gave their 99th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club. It was also the 25th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 163rd known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including the evening events.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: the Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles
- 1970: Mixing: For You Blue
- 1967: Recording: With A Little Help From My Friends
- 1967: Cover shoot for Sgt Pepper
- 1965: Recording: That Means A Lot, You’re Going To Lose That Girl
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Brian Epstein commissions Derek Taylor to ghostwrite A Cellarful Of Noise
- 1963: Live: Guildhall, Portsmouth
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.