The Beatles' 63rd evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date. It was also the 23rd occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
Overall this was their 159th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 1970: Tape copying: McCartney by Paul McCartney
- 1970: Mixing, editing: I’ve Got A Feeling, Dig A Pony, One After 909, I Me Mine, Across The Universe – Phil Spector’s first Let It Be session
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Getting Better
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1964: John Lennon’s In His Own Write is published
- 1964: US EP release: The Beatles
- 1964: US single release: Do You Want To Know A Secret
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Newcastle
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.