The Beatles gave their 86th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club on this day.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 138th known performance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including evening appearances.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 1971: UK single release: Another Day by Paul McCartney
- 1970: Recording: It Don’t Come Easy by Ringo Starr
- 1970: Recording: Love Is A Many Splendoured Thing by Ringo Starr
- 1968: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr fly to India
- 1965: Recording: You’re Going To Lose That Girl
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.