The Beatles' 30th lunchtime performance at the Cavern Club on Mathew Street, Liverpool took place on this day.
The group's lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 41st known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous underground venue.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows. Their final performance at the venue took place on 3 August 1963.
Also on this day...
- 2010: John Lennon’s toilet sells for £9,500
- 1969: George and Pattie Harrison travel to the Isle of Wight to see Bob Dylan
- 1969: Apple holds a launch party for Radha Krsna Temple
- 1969: Mary McCartney is born
- 1968: Recording: Dear Prudence
- 1966: Live: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
- 1965: Live: Balboa Stadium, San Diego
- 1964: Bob Dylan turns The Beatles on to cannabis
- 1964: Live: Forest Hills Tennis Stadium, New York
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southport
- 1963: Television: The Mersey Sound
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.