This was The Beatles' final performance at Blair Hall in Walton, Liverpool. It was also the last of three consecutive Sunday shows played by the group for Peak Promotions.
Peak Promotions ran jive events at four northern England venues: Blair Hall, Holyoake Hall in Wavertree, the David Lewis Club in Great George Place, and the Columba Hall in Widnes. The Beatles performed at each of the venues apart from Columba Hall.
Blair Hall was situated on the second floor of the Co-operative on Walton Road. The basement housed a furniture store and pharmacy, the ground floor sold groceries and soft furnishings, and the first floor was first floor was for Co-op offices and banking services.
The entrance to Blair Hall was at the side of the building on Christopher Street. The building was later demolished and a supermarket was built on the site.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording, mixing: You Never Give Me Your Money, Come Together, Polythene Pam, She Came In Through The Bathroom Window, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, Sun King, Mean Mr Mustard, Her Majesty, The End
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Hey Jude
- 1965: Rehearsals for the North America tour
- 1964: Travel: Stockholm to London
- 1963: Recording: Money, Till There Was You, Roll Over Beethoven, It Won’t Be Long, All My Loving
- 1963: Radio: Non Stop Pop, Saturday Club
- 1963: Recording: Please Mister Postman, It Won’t Be Long
- 1962: Live: St John’s Hall, Bootle
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.