This was The Beatles’ third performance at Liverpool Jazz Society on Temple Street, Liverpool.
The Liverpool Jazz Society was based at the former Iron Door Club at 13 Temple Street. The events were promoted by Sam Leach, who promoted a number of shows in venues across the Merseyside area.
The event took place from 7.30pm to midnight. The Beatles headlined the bill, which also featured Gerry and the Pacemakers, and Kingsize Taylor and the Dominoes.
The Beatles played at Liverpool Jazz Society on five occasions, all within the same month. The other dates were 6, 11, 15 and 17 March 1961. They had also played at the Iron Door Club as The Silver Beetles on 15 May 1960.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Former Capitol Records boss Alan Livingston dies at 91
- 1970: Mixing: Sentimental Journey by Ringo Starr
- 1969: Mixing: I’ve Got A Feeling, Dig It, Maggie Mae, Shake Rattle And Roll, Kansas City, Miss Ann, Lawdy Miss Clawdy, Blue Suede Shoes, You Really Got A Hold On Me
- 1967: Recording: Good Morning Good Morning
- 1965: Travel: London to Austria
- 1964: Mixing: Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand, Sie Liebt Dich
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Rialto Theatre, York
- 1963: Recording, mixing: Thank You Girl
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1958: Live: Morgue Skiffle Cellar, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.